Compound Protection System
During operations the armed forces operate from a secure base. To keep the base secure the forces rely on timely information from various sources. These can be from human intelligence (HUMINT), signals intelligence (SIGINT and the use of various types of sensors (that can be combined in a sensor suit, providing complementary information).
One of these sensors is Microflown AVISA’s compound protection system (CPS), which is based on the worldwide unique Acoustic Vector Sensor (AVS) technology using acoustic events in a multi-threat hostile environment. The CPS is capable of detecting the source of direct and indirect fire threats against a compound and to localise the exact position from where shots are fired (Small Arms Fire (SAF) and Rocket, Artillery and Mortars (RAM)).
Based on a system of 5 sensors the CPS can detect Small Arms Fire up to a typical 1 km range and indirect fire up to 6km range 360° all around. Depending on the terrain and the sensor layout the ranges can be larger.
The main advantages of the system are:
- low SWaP (a typical system of five sensor does not weigh more than 30 kg in total, the power consumption of one sensor is less than 2 Watts and the size of a sensor is 26.6 cm diameter))
- ease of setting up (one sensor does not takes more than 5 minutes for a trained person)
- all-weather detection capability (the system will work in fog, rain, hail and other adverse conditions, day and night)
- low maintenance requirement (a sensor does not require looking after and can work on a single battery up to five days (on a typical 2590 military battery)
- low training requirement (typical training would consist of one day theory and two days of practicing)
- ease of re-deployment (as a result of the light weight and the ease of setting up)
- capability of integration (360° all around hearing adds to the sectorial system like camera’s or ground surveillance radar), also integration in RCWS or C2 System is possible as we can provide an interface control document with all the details)
- that it operates independent from existing communications infrastructure (the system will bring its own communication means)
- remote operation (all settings and software can be remotely accessed using the control software)
There are no products to list in this category.